Continuing/Independent Medical Education Support
Continuing medical education (CME) programs are independently run and controlled programs that fulfill an unmet need in an effort to advance medical science and knowledge. Activities include those developed for healthcare professionals to maintain, develop, and enhance their knowledge, skills, and professional performance to provide better patient care. CME programs may be provided by an academic institution, hospital, or association.
Applications are evaluated on a rolling basis and must be submitted at least 60 days before the program start date. Every attempt will be made to provide a response to your grant request by the earlier of 60 days from the date of submission or 30 days before the program start date. All requesters must sign and return the letter of agreement before any funds are issued.
All funding must be consistent with the following therapeutic areas: gastrointestinal diseases/cancer, lung diseases/cancer, oncology, cancer treatments and therapy, and/or photodynamic therapies. Funds from Concordia must be used only for the educational activity that is being applied for.
In addition to the application, please upload these required documents:
- W-9/W-8BEN form
- Meeting agenda or brochure
- Detailed itemized budget for the entire program including how funds will be used
Concordia, at its sole discretion, may reject an application for various reasons. Concordia will not provide funding
- for any illegal purpose.
- to promote any Concordia product.
- for advertising, displays, booths, or promotional exhibit fees (please contact Concordia commercial division or your local representative for such requests).
- for educational grant requests from organizations that have not returned unused funds or provided reconciliation information to Concordia.
- for programs sponsored by individual health care providers (HCPs) or an individual’s medical practice.
- for non-medical education purposes, e.g., research studies, including investigator-initiated studies (IISs), Charitable Contributions, promotional or commercial marketing programs or advertisements, corporate sponsorship agreements, private schools/colleges/universities attended by physicians or their family members, religious programs or medical missions to foreign countries.
- for non-faculty personnel travel, registration, parking or lodging or individual attendee expenses; recreation, social events or entertainment (class reunions, retirement dinners, etc.).
- as compensation to HCPs for their time at a CME program.
- to offset capital or operating expenses.
- to debarred institutions or groups or to CME providers on probation by ACCME (or similar accrediting body).
- toward personal expenses, e.g., membership fees or personal development.
Post CME Course Completion
Please upload the following documents to Concordia within 60 days of the CME/IME course completion:
- All unused funds
- Budget and reconciliation information
- All program outcomes
For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit Your Application
To submit your application, please fill out the Continuing / Independent Medical Education Support Application form below: